If you have some spare time and looking for some fun/geeky, but not too intense reading:
- Karl Guttag on Technology – a blog w/ lots of posts analyzing laser/led projectors
- I’m an tech artist in the industry and I’d love to clear up some misconceptions about rendering and game art workflows that I frequently see in comments from SC fans – a fantastic post/thread on what modern game tech art techniques and workflow. You could spend a long time following up on this
- Bret Victor’s Reading List (also, Links 2013) – sadly, a lot of these are dead trees (for those who haven’t seen it, his 2014 talk The Humane Representation of Thought is one of my favs, and itself is something that really is its own path of exploration)
- I’ve been spending a bit too much (totally unproductive) time on /r/oculus recently, but one thing I’d like to do is spend more time going through FredzL’s posts as a high percentage of them have lots of interesting references.
- Recently I returned to Buster’s Codex Vitae project – it’s amazing to see how it’s grown, and it’s a great read, and a great inspiration for a similar project that’s been percolating for a while
Well, that’s more than enough for now. Time’s a wasting.